Power meter with sensors on both sides compatible with Shimano® pedal bodies*.
• Designed for the compatibility with Shimano® road
Assioma DUO-Shi has been designed for Shimano® road users, as it offers the opportunity to keep on riding with your current Shimano® pedal bodies* without giving up on the trustability and precision of Assioma.
• Installation into your own Shimano® pedal bodies
Installing Assioma DUO-Shi into your own compatible Shimano® pedal bodies* is simple and quick. Watch our video of the installation (link).
• *Compatible Shimano® pedal bodies
Assioma DUO-Shi is compatible with the following Shimano® pedal bodies: PD-R8000, PD-R7000, PD-6800, PD-R550 and PD-R540.
• Increased Q-factor?
The Q-factor of Assioma Look® version is of +54mm, whereas that of Assioma DUO-Shi measures +64mm with the PD-R7000/R550/R540 pedal bodies and +65mm with the PD-R8000/6800. Despite an initial concern related to the increase of the q-factor, we decided to proceed with the project considering that body size (height, pelvis width, etc.) is a subjective factor contributing to determining which is the best q-factor for each one of us. A final, positive feedback from our beta testers has eventually validated the product.
• Easy to install
Install and transfer your Assioma from one bike to another just like normal pedals, easily and without extra tools. Just screw them on your bike crank arms and you are ready to pedal!
• IAV Cycling Dynamics
Assioma supports the advanced metrics IAV Cycling Dynamics: IAV Power Phase and IAV Rider Position. These metrics, combined with the classic power data, allow analyzing in details the pedaling technique and how the cyclist's position on the bike influences performances.
• IAV Power and gyroscope
Unlike others, the measurements of Assioma are not affected by errors related to very irregular pedaling (eg. sprint uphill) or the use of oval chainrings. This is because Assioma is able to detect the actual instantaneous angular velocity of the pedal stroke, thus giving you the degree of accuracy of ±1% in any situation. Not only in the laboratory.
• Bluetooth and ANT+ SMART
Assioma communicates via Bluetooth and ANT+ with bike computers and smartphones, both Android and iOS.
• Real dual-sided power data
Assioma DUO provides dual-sided data through real measurements: taken individually on both the left and the right leg; this make it possible to observe with accuracy not only the Total Power, but also the L/R Balance, the Torque Effectiveness (TE), the Pedal Smoothness (PS), etc.
• Accuracy and consistency
Assioma provides accurate watt measurements with a great consistency and stability in the actual on-road use conditions and at any temperature between -10°C and 60°C. Thanks to the ATC (Automatic Temperature Compensation) too.
• Waterproof, resistant and light
The power sensors are protected in a bi-component resin block, extremely resistant to shocks and completely waterproof.
• Rechargeable and green
Assioma is the only pedal-based power meter with integrated rechargeable batteries; a single charge ensures 50 hours of use at least.
• Tested and guaranteed
Favero Electronics produces in-house each Assioma and thoroughly test it individually: fully satisfying the standards required by current regulations.
• Power sensors for the right and left pedal
• Dual-sided power measurement
• Cadence sensor: included, inbuilt
• Gyroscope: included, inbuilt
• Power calculation system: IAV (Instantaneous Angular Velocity-based)
• IAV Cycling Dynamics: yes
• Oval-chainring compatible: yes
• Weight of Assioma DUO-Shi without pedal bodies: 99,0g per side (battery included)
• Weight of Assioma DUO-Shi with PD-R8000 pedal body: 157,0g per side (battery included)
• Adapter’s material: aerospace aluminium alloy
• Battery type: rechargeable lithium battery
• Battery life: at least 50 hours
• Radio communication: Bluetooth v4.0, ANT+ PWR profile (CT + PO)
• Accuracy power measurement: ± 1%
• Temperature compensation: -10°C / +60°C
• Waterproofness rating: IP67
• Q-factor with:
• PD-R7000/R550/R540: +64 mm
• PD-R8000/6800: +65 mm
• Bike type: road
• Made in Italy
• Warranty: 2 years
• Left power sensor with adapter for Shimano® pedal bodies*
• Right power sensor with adapter for Shimano® pedal bodies*
• Battery charger including plugs (EU, US, UK, AU)
• 2 two-meter long micro-USB/USB cables with 2 magnetic connectors
• Hex key and 4 washers for the installation
• Assioma user manual
• Assioma DUO-Shi user manual